|Building the Next Generation of Great Thinkers
We know that high quality teachers are key to our students’ success. That's why we're working to recruit and retain passionate and effective talent.
CUHSD's Early Hiring Initiative streamlines the application process to enable select, qualified teachers credentialed in high need subject areas to sign a teaching contract as early as this spring.
Our hiring process is focused on:
- Dedicated customer service support. No more sending off an online application and never hearing back. The application process begins immediately after you submit your application. Selected teachers can be notified of their official hire status by early Spring
- A thoughtful and selective application process that is more than just your resume and cover letter. We want to get to know you as an educator. Applicants will be asked to provide a tailored cover letter, answer written prompts, and in some cases complete a phone interview. Selected teachers will have the opportunity to meet with principals to find their school fit. We are looking for teachers who are dedicated to children and who are professionally effective, so that our campuses are staffed with like-minded individuals focused on students
- A belief in the importance of campus fit. Selected teachers will have organized and streamlined ways to interview and meet with principals who will be eager to hire.
We know quality teachers are in demand, so we offer additional incentives including:
- A competitive salary schedule
- Exceptional benefit packages for all employees serving at 50% time. Staff have the choice of five medical plans including full family coverage.
- Payment for any Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment (BTSA) induction fees (not to include any credentialing fees)
To be eligible for the Early Contract Initiative, applicants:
- Must hold a valid, current credential in single subject math, science (all concentrations), World Languages (Spanish), or Special Education OR
- Be enrolled in an intern program by July 1st
- Have a minimum 2.75 undergraduate GPA
- Complete the EdJoin online application.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Early applicants will maximize their opportunities to meet with principals, so we urge you to submit ASAP.
- Final deadline for the Early Hiring Initiative is April 6.