Campbell Union High School District

Skip to main content


Dear Parents and Guardians:
You and your child are entering the next phase of your student’s educational development.  As you know, parental involvement is critical to student success.  In addition to welcoming you to the Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD), I want you to know how much our staff looks forward to your active participation.  Together we can achieve academic and personal success for each member of the Class of 2021.
As Superintendent, I urge you to acquaint yourself with the outstanding programs each of our sites has to offer.  It is natural for students and parents to look forward to high school with both excitement and some apprehension.  We are here to help you enjoy the feeling of growth and accomplishment that the high school experience has to offer.  The closer we work together as partners in your student’s learning, the more meaningful the high school experience will be.
Our policy on intra-district transfers (transfers within our district) allows your student to attend the high school where you reside or to request a transfer to one of our other schools.  Transfers will be granted based on school capacity.  If requests exceed a site’s capacity, priority will go to siblings of current students.  After that, transfers will be granted through a random, unbiased lottery.  Applications are available at each high school and the district office.
At this time, two Free Zones exist for Leigh and Branham only.  If you reside in the White Oaks/Hogue Park area (Free Zone #1), your residence school is Leigh.  If your option is a transfer to Branham, you must apply for the intra-district transfer.  If you reside in the area south of Blossom Hill/East of Camden Avenue (Free Zone #2), your residence school is Branham.  If your option is a transfer to Leigh, you must apply for the intra-district transfer.
On behalf of the CUHSD Board of Trustees, each high school principal and staff member, we look forward to meeting you and your student.
Robert R. Bravo, Ed.D.
Inter-District Transfers

Students living outside the Campbell Union High School District who wish to attend a school within the district must initiate an inter-district request starting at the school district where they currently reside. 
Students living within the Campbell Union High School District who wish to attend a school outside the district must complete an Inter-District Transfer form and return it to the district office.  Once this form is completed and approved, it is forwarded to the new school district for their consideration.
Intra-District Transfers

Once each year, the parents of students who live within the boundaries of the Campbell Union High School District may request a transfer to any other Campbell Union High School District school for the following school year. These are called intra-district transfers and will be granted as long as space exists within the school requested for a new student. If insufficient space exists to grant all intra-district transfer requests to a certain school, a lottery will be held to fill the existing space.

The application period for intra-district transfers for the following school year begins December 1 of the preceding school year and closes February 15 (or the Friday before if the 15th falls on a weekend) of that same school year. Applications for intra-district transfers become available in December of each year and are clearly marked with the application closing date.   Applications are available below or may be picked up or requested from the district office. You must provide one proof of residence along with the application. Applications completed after the cutoff will be marked late and added with other late applications to be pulled from should space become available. 
Please return all completed forms between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM to the district office:

3235 Union Avenue
San Jose, CA 95124
(408) 558-3006 fax

Should you have questions regarding this process, please call (408) 371-0960 x2076 or e-mail