Phased Return to In-Person High School Services
Phased Return to In-Person Instruction Introduction
Parent/Guardian Preference of Program Form Response Data
Parent/Guardian Preference Form
Across all our high schools and regardless of selecting a distance or hybrid program, the majority of students' guardians stated that it was "very important" that their students' schedules remain the same across sites. For those who selected distance learning this preference ranged from 83% to 90%. For those who selected hybrid the preference ranged from 53% to 70%. With these findings in mind, we are focusing on program models that largely avoid schedule changes while providing most families with their preferences.
Updated Timeline to Return to In-Person Instruction
- April 15-18: Phased Return Feedback Surveys to Level 3 families, students and all staff to learn what they perceive as going well and what needs to be improved.
- April 19: Boynton High School students begin Level 4 services four days a week.
- April 20: Any requested changes from distance learning to the hybrid program may be accommodated up to this date, space permitting.
- April 26: Level 3 and Level 4 students tentatively begin in-person instruction four days a week, space permitting.
We should note, if a family selected distance learning or their student was not able to be accommodated for the hybrid program, they will still have the opportunity to participate in on-campus events or activities.
Highlights of Hybrid Learning Program
- While some schedule adjustments may be needed, there will not be large-scale changes to schools’ master schedules.
- At a minimum, students on campus will participate in supervised online learning, in which students report to their classrooms and the teacher will continue to provide instruction through Zoom and the current learning management system while both the students in the room and their classmates learn online.
- Additional Learning Models may be selected to enhance the experience for students.
- For those classes in which the teacher is approved for a remote-only assignment and a long-term substitute has not been secured, on-campus students will attend the class via distance learning either from a study hall or Connectivity Hub/Learning Lab at the school site or from home.
As we continue to implement the Phased Return to In-Person High School Services plan, we remain committed to providing timely communication and community engagement opportunities. Below you will find our most recent Community Webinars to address parent/guardian questions and provide information on our phased return plans.
Fall 2020 Surveys
|Fall 2020 Surveys|
Thank you to the nearly 3,000 parents, 600 students and 400 staff members who recently participated in our Spring 2021 planning survey. Your input is crucial as we explore our options for next semester
The results of the survey can be found by clicking on the links below.