COVID-19 Safety Plan
Please be aware that the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) K-12 Guidance will apply for in-person instruction at all CUHSD schools to keep staff and students safe.
The most recent guidance from public health officials as it applies to our district can be found on our COVID-19 Guidance page.
You may access COVID-19 Resources for students and families.
- In line with state and county guidance, masks are strongly recommended in all school settings
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings or during activities that involve sustained close contact with other people.
- Physical distancing is not required; however, physical distancing is encouraged where possible.
- Maximize physical distancing while eating, especially indoors. It is recommended to eat outdoors when possible.
- Staff may determine if they want to continue using plastic barriers in their work areas.
Hygiene and Cleaning
- We will continue to promote handwashing and have hand sanitizer available when hand washing is not possible.
- Each classroom will have a hand sanitizer dispenser installed near the door, along with supplies to clean and sanitize student and teacher desks if students or teachers choose to.
- We will continue daily cleaning of all facilities and disinfecting of any space that has had a sick person or someone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 24 hours. (CDC guidance)
- We will continue our ventilation measures.
- Parents are responsible for keeping their students home and contacting the schools immediately if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Routine ongoing and voluntary at-home testing kits are available to all students and staff while supplies last- at no cost and no insurance required.
- Please contact your student's school for more information on how to pick up these test kits.