COVID-19 Safety Plan
Welcome back CUHSD Families!
For the 2021-2022 school year, please be aware of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) safety measures that will apply for in-person instruction at all CUHSD schools to keep staff and students safe.
- Masks are required indoors when individuals are sharing indoor spaces.
- Masks are optional outdoors in most circumstances
- Masks are required in crowded outdoor student events (i.e. dances, rallies, etc.) only when:
- Community transmission rates in the county are "substantial" or "high
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings or during activities that involve sustained close contact with other people.
- Masks are required on school transportation. (CDC’s order)
- Physical distancing is not required if other mitigation strategies, like wearing a mask, are met; however, physical distancing is encouraged where possible.
- Maximize physical distancing while eating, especially indoors. It is recommended to eat outdoors when possible.
- Staff may determine if they want to continue using plastic barriers in their work areas.
Hygiene and Cleaning
- We will continue to promote handwashing and have hand sanitizer available when hand washing is not possible.
- Each classroom will have a hand sanitizer dispenser installed near the door, along with supplies to clean and sanitize student and teacher desks if students or teachers choose to.
- We will continue daily cleaning of all facilities and disinfecting of any space that has had a sick person or someone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 24 hours. (CDC guidance)
- We will continue our ventilation measures.
- We will no longer collect and monitor health screenings on a daily basis.
- Parents are responsible for keeping their students home and contacting the schools immediately if they have COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to COVID-19, or have tested positive for COVID-19.
Routine ongoing and voluntary on-site screening testing is available to all students and staff - at no cost and no insurance required.
Please see the schedule below:
On-Site Testing Schedule/Horarios de Preubas COVID En Sitios
2021-2022 COVID Prevention plan is
being updated to reflect the
August 11, 2021 health order