COVID-19 Safety Plan
For the 2021-2022 school year, please be aware that the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) safety measures will apply for in-person instruction at all CUHSD schools to keep staff and students safe.
The most recent guidance from public health officials can be found on our COVID-19 Guidance page.
Click here to access CUHSD's COVID-19 Tracking Dashboard.
Click here for additional COVID-19 Resources for students and families.
- In line with state and county guidance, masks are strongly recommended in all school settings
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings or during activities that involve sustained close contact with other people.
- Physical distancing is not required; however, physical distancing is encouraged where possible.
- Maximize physical distancing while eating, especially indoors. It is recommended to eat outdoors when possible.
- Staff may determine if they want to continue using plastic barriers in their work areas.
Hygiene and Cleaning
- We will continue to promote handwashing and have hand sanitizer available when hand washing is not possible.
- Each classroom will have a hand sanitizer dispenser installed near the door, along with supplies to clean and sanitize student and teacher desks if students or teachers choose to.
- We will continue daily cleaning of all facilities and disinfecting of any space that has had a sick person or someone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 24 hours. (CDC guidance)
- We will continue our ventilation measures.
- We will no longer collect and monitor health screenings on a daily basis.
- Parents are responsible for keeping their students home and contacting the schools immediately if they have COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to COVID-19, or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Routine ongoing and voluntary on-site screening testing is available to all students and staff - at no cost and no insurance required.
- View schedule