Transfer Request (Click the arrow on the right to view)
Dear Parents and Guardians:
You are encouraged to acquaint yourself with the unique and outstanding programs each of our schools has to offer. While your student is assigned to a school-of-residence based on your address, you do have options through the intradistrict transfer process. Our policy on intradistrict transfers (transfers within our district) allows your student to request a transfer to one of our other schools.
The first priority for intradistrict transfers is for residents in the district’s two Free Zones. At this time, the two Free Zones exist for Leigh and Branham only. If you reside in the White Oaks/Hogue Park area (Free Zone #1), your default school of residence is Leigh. If your option is a transfer to Branham, you must apply for an intradistrict transfer. If you reside in the area south of Blossom Hill/East of Camden Avenue (Free Zone #2), your school of residence is Branham. If your option is a transfer to Leigh, you must apply for an intradistrict transfer. Free Zone transfers are dependent upon site capacity.
All other transfer requests will be granted based on remaining school capacity. If requests exceed a site’s capacity, priority will go to siblings of current students at that site. Applications for intradistrict transfer are available online. Paper forms are available at the District Office.
Terms & Definitions
|Terms and Definitions|
- District Residency BP 5111.1 & AR 5111.1
- Residency verifications are performed at each school site upon enrollment. Falsification of information may revoke the transfer request.
- Intradistrict Transfer - for students living within the Campbell Union High School District who wish to apply for transfer to another school, other than their resident school, within the District.
- Interdistrict Transfer - 1) for students living within the Campbell Union High School District who wish to attend a school outside the District. 2) students living outside the Campbell Union High School District who wish to attend a school within the District. Item #2 transfers must be initiated by the parent/legal guardian at the home district of residence.
- Resident School - this is the school boundaries which the student resides in on a permanent basis at a minimum of 50% of his/her time. To establish residency, only 1 address can be considered.
- Transfer Review Timeline - requests are received during the months of December and January, notifications will go out no later than the last day of March.
- Transfer Request Window - the time when parents or legal guardians may submit an Intradistrict or Interdistrict Transfer request for consideration. Submission dates are December 1-January 31 for Intradistrict Transfers & Outgoing Interdistrict Transfers. Submission dates are February 1-last day of February for Interdistrict Transfers to enter into a CUHSD school.
- Note: Early submissions will not be reviewed.
INTRADISTRICT TRANSFERS (Within CUHSD)
Open Transfer Window: December 1-January 31 of each year (for the following year)*EARLY SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED*: Once each year during the transfer request window as noted above, the parents/legal guardians of students who live within the boundaries of the Campbell Union High School District may complete an application (link below) to request a transfer to any other Campbell Union High School District school for the upcoming school year. These are called Intradistrict Transfers and are dependent upon site and/or program capacity. Please note that you must enroll your student at your resident high school regardless of a transfer request submission. Please visit the Enrollment page for instructions.
ARE YOU CURRENTLY ENROLLED AND HAVE MOVED? If you have recently moved out of your current school boundary lines and wish to have your student remain at the current school, you must submit this form with all the required proofs of residency.
- Proofs of Residency are required with submission. Click on link above for required documents.
- Submission does not guarantee approved acceptance.
- Per Board Policy, if space becomes available during the annual attendance audit at the onset of each school year, CUHSD will hold a lottery and begin contacting families. Previously denied requests will be held until the lottery or end of September, whichever comes first.
- All unapproved requests expire at the end of each September. You will need to reapply during the new transfer request window period if you wish to try again for the next school year.
- Late submissions will be reviewed with response letters to follow within 14 days of receipt.
- Any approved transfer may be canceled at any time subject to falsification of information stated on the request application, unsatisfactory grades, attendance or behavior. A review of these conditions will be performed throughout the school year. Students not meeting these agreed conditions may have their transfer immediately revoked.
- If approved, the new school becomes your student's home school (unless they do not maintain satisfactory grades, attendance or behavior expectations), and you will not have to reapply unless your student moves from the address you entered on your Intradistrict transfer application or if your student wishes to go back to their resident school.
- Withdrawal from enrollment nullifies the transfer. Upon return to CUHSD, a new transfer request must be submitted during the open window.
- Reversals: Based on all requests received, resources are planned for all sites for the coming year. Should you decide to go back to your original resident school after approval has been granted, you will need to submit a new transfer request and the decision will be based solely on capacity.
For Incoming 9th Grade Students
- Your resident middle school will have information available in January or February for 8th graders transitioning to high school for the upcoming school year. In-district resident students who attend feeder middle schools will automatically roll up to their home school of residence.
- You must be enrolled at your resident high school even if you have or are wanting to submit either an Intradistrict or Interdistrict transfer application request.
- CHECK OUR ENROLLMENT LINK FOR THE DATE OPEN ENROLLMENT BEGINS
- For students currently in alternative education programs, identify and contact your would-be resident middle school to participate in their high school transition process and date(s).
- For students of a charter or private school, please be sure to enroll your student(s) in your resident district. Not all students attending these schools live within the C.U.H.S.D. boundaries.
INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS (CUHSD resident wishing to attend another district)
- Submission does not guarantee approved acceptance. Proofs of residency will be required by the approving district.
- Once this form is completed and if approved, it is forwarded to the new school district for their consideration.
- Requests for students with an I.E.P. must include a full and complete copy of the most current I.E.P. along with the application.
- Interdistrict transfers are good for the requested year only and must be renewed every year at the initiative of the parent or legal guardian.
INTERDISTRICT TRANSFER (Non-CUHSD residents who wish to apply to attend a CUHSD school)
|Form Submissions and Contact Information|
San Jose, CA 95124