Dear Parents and Guardians:
You are encouraged to acquaint yourself with the unique and outstanding programs each of our schools has to offer. While your student is assigned to a school-of-residence based on your address, you do have options through the intradistrict transfer process. Our policy on intradistrict transfers (transfers within our district) allows your student to request a transfer to one of our other schools.
The first priority for intradistrict transfers is for residents in the district’s two Free Zones. At this time, the two Free Zones exist for Leigh and Branham only. If you reside in the White Oaks/Hogue Park area (Free Zone #1), your default school of residence is Leigh. If your option is a transfer to Branham, you must apply for an intradistrict transfer. If you reside in the area south of Blossom Hill/East of Camden Avenue (Free Zone #2), your school of residence is Branham. If your option is a transfer to Leigh, you must apply for an intradistrict transfer. Free Zone transfers are dependent upon site capacity.
All other transfer requests will be granted based on remaining school capacity. If requests exceed a site’s capacity, priority will go to siblings of current students at that site. Applications for intradistrict transfer are available at each high school, the district office, and online.
On behalf of the CUHSD Board of Trustees, each high school principal, and staff member, we look forward to meeting you and your student.
Robert R. Bravo, Ed.D.
|Terms and Definitions|
- District Residency BP 5111.1 & AR 5111.1
- Residency verifications are performed at each school site upon enrollment. Falsification of information may revoke the transfer request.
- Intradistrict Transfer - for students living within the Campbell Union High School District who wish to apply for transfer to another school, other than their resident school, within the District.
- Interdistrict Transfer - 1) for students living within the Campbell Union High School District who wish to attend a school outside the District. 2) students living outside the Campbell Union High School District who wish to attend a school within the District.
- Resident School - this is the school boundaries which the student resides in on a permanent basis at a minimum of 50% of his/her time.
- Transfer Review Process - requests are received during the months of December and January. All incoming freshmen, exiting seniors and transfer requests are reviewed in February. Transfer decision letters will be sent out no later than March 30.
- Transfer Request Window - the time when parents or legal guardians may submit an Intradistrict or Interdistrict Transfer request for consideration. Submission dates are from 8:00 am December 1st - January 31st at 4:30 pm.
- Note: Early submissions will not be reviewed.
INTRADISTRICT & FREE-ZONE TRANSFER REQUEST WINDOW FOR 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR:
December 1-January 31, 2021
Once each year during the transfer request window as noted above, the parents/legal guardians of students who live within the boundaries of the Campbell Union High School District may complete an application (available below) to request a transfer to any other Campbell Union High School District school for the upcoming school year. These are called Intradistrict Transfers and are dependent upon site and/or program capacity. Please note the following:
- Submission does not guarantee approved acceptance.
- If insufficient space exists, the request will be held until such space becomes available or the end of September. There is no need to reapply or to call the office. You will be notified by U.S. mail should your student be granted the transfer.
- Late submissions will be reviewed with response letters to follow within 14 days of receipt.
- Any approved transfer may be canceled at any time subject to falsification of information stated on the request application, unsatisfactory grades, attendance or behavior. A review of these conditions will be performed throughout the school year. Students not meeting these agreed conditions may have their transfer immediately revoked.
- Applications are available via the .pdf download below, or they may be picked up from the district office or your resident school. Residency verification will be performed at the school site as part of the enrollment process and may overturn an approved transfer request. You can download, scan and email your application request and supporting document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All unapproved requests expire at the end of each September. You will need to reapply during the new transfer request window period if you wish to try again for the next school year.
- If approved, the new school becomes your student's home school (unless they do not maintain satisfactory grades, attendance or behavior expectations), and you will not have to reapply unless your student moves from the address you entered on your Intradistrict transfer application or if your student wishes to go back to their resident school.
- Reversals: Based on all requests received, resources are planned for all sites for the coming year. Should you decide to go back to your original resident school after approval has been granted, you will need to submit a new transfer request and the decision will be based solely on capacity.
For Incoming 9th Grade Students
- Your resident middle school will have information available in January or February for 8th graders transitioning to high school for the upcoming school year. In-district resident students who attend feeder middle schools will automatically roll up to their home school of residence.
- You must be enrolled at your resident high school even if you have or are wanting to submit either an Intradistrict or Interdistrict transfer application request. OPEN ENROLLMENT BEGINS FEBRUARY 1, 2021.
- For students currently in alternative education programs, identify and contact your would-be resident middle school to participate in their high school transition process and date(s).
- For students of a charter or private school, please be sure to enroll your student(s) in your resident district. Not all students attending these schools live within the C.U.H.S.D. boundaries.
- Notifications will go out via email (if provided) or US mail in March. Please do not call the district office to check the status of your request until after April 1st.
- Submission does not guarantee approved acceptance.
- Once this form is completed and if approved, it is forwarded to the new school district for their consideration. Submit your request to email@example.com
- Requests for students with an I.E.P. must include a full and complete copy of the most current I.E.P. along with the application.
- Interdistrict transfers are good for the requested year only and must be renewed every year at the initiative of the parent or legal guardian.
|Form Submissions and Contact Information|
San Jose, CA 95124