If you would like to work and you are not yet 18 years of age, you must have a work permit. The State of California enforces strict rules regarding the issuance of work permits.
How to Get a Summer Work Permit
Your high school will issue your work permit during the regular school year. If your high school is closed for summer break, summer work permits will be issued Monday - Friday between the hours of 8AM and 4:30PM at the Campbell Union High School District Office at 3235 Union Avenue, San Jose, CA 95124.
1. Download or pick up the Work Permit Instructions and Application Form below:
2. Bring your completed work permit application form with your original social security card OR a verification letter from the Social Security Administration Office stating you are applying for a social security card and proof of age including either an original birth certificate, passport, driver's license, or California Identification card. It is not possible to issue a work permit without the required information. Your work permit application will be processed within two working days.
3. Only the requesting student may pick up the official work permit as they have to sign for its release.
4. Take the Work Permit to your place of employment.
**Work Permits will not be issued if you have outstanding bills at your high school.**
If you have questions, please call 408-371-0960, ext. 2028.
How to Get a Work Permit During the Academic Year
- Go to the office at your high school.
- Complete the Work Permit Application and have a parent or guardian sign it.
- Return the form to the same office and receive your actual Work Permit.
- Take the Work Permit to your place of employment.
If you have questions, call the office at your school.
For Private/Charter School Administrators
Please complete CDE B1-8. Contact information is provided on the form