Dear CUHSD Community,
As we prepare for the next school year, we are exploring the potential of creating an innovative virtual academy for students interested in continuing their education in a remote learning environment.
For families interested in remote options for their students next year, we are asking for your input on the design of a high-quality virtual academy and how an online school can meet students' academic and socio-emotional needs.
- Components of an effective virtual learning program could include:
- Flexible deadlines for student work
- Project-based learning
- Virtual instruction accessible from home
- Independent access to course materials
- High-quality instruction that leads to course mastery
- Various online tools to collaborate with peers
- Multimedia options for creating student work
Please note, this is just one of the many ways we will be soliciting input from our community as we plan for the next school year. We will also be providing an in-person option for families interested in their students returning to campus part-time or full-time next school year. We will be soliciting preferences from families in the coming weeks to solidify options for the next school year.
Please participate in the ThoughtExchange by April 13, 2021 by clicking here and then complete a few easy steps:
- Answer a few questions about yourself.
- Answer an open-ended question from CUHSD
- Review and rate other people’s thoughts. We hope you can rate at least 10 thoughts.
ThoughtExchange is confidential, but we urge you to be specific when answering. If your comment is about a particular school, please include the school’s name.