Facilities Master Plan & Project Updates
No master plan is ever final. Rather, the master plan is meant to be a living document that evolves as identified needs change over time.
Outlined in the master plan are various proposals meant to keep facilities functioning, to address growth in student enrollment, to improve facilities to meet current pedagogical standards, to fulfill the desires and dreams of the administrators, faculty, staff, students and the community, and to support a first class education.
Please click on the images below to view the project list and updates associated with each campus or school.
The Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD), through its continuing Assessment and Master Planning process, has identified significant needed improvements to its facilities in order to maintain its tradition of high level of commitment to educational excellence.
Although much work has been completed over the past ten years, additional facility needs must still be addressed. Major needs include the following:
- The District will experience significant growth in student population over the coming decade and must provide excellent facilities for incoming students
- The facilities continue to age and must be maintained.
- Air conditioning of instructional space has been identified as a major district wide need
- Educational needs and programs have also evolved in recent years, including a focus on Career Technical Education, STEM / STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art and Math)
- The District continues to provide excellent Fine and Dramatic arts programs, with concurrent/related facilities upgrades.
- Athletics and Physical education are considered to be an integral part of a complete comprehensive education.
- The district’s commitment to these programs required concurrent/related facilities upgrades.
- Information technology tools continue to evolve rapidly and affect the way we teach our students. This impacts the need for infrastructure support.
Scope: Summary Project List
The projects identified in CUHSD's master plan include health, safety, and life cycle improvements; new construction for enrollment growth; support for the District’s congested and growing educational programs, Athletic Facilities and other exterior facilities; technology, energy efficiency and classroom modernization and beautification of the campuses. The aforementioned summary is not meant to be all inclusive.
Budget: Needed Economic Resources
Over 375 million dollars of need has been identified in order to accomplish the projects identified.
Potential resources in order to satisfy this overall need include Deferred Maintenance funds, Developer Fees, Rental Income, potential General Obligation Bonds and State Matching Grants.
Educational philosophy, student population, available economic resources, the overall economy of the state and region, the final prioritization of projects in detail will vary from year to year.
Schedule Outline Roadmap: 2015 – 2025
This ten year plan for facilities improvement would occur from June of 2016 through 2025.
The actual schedule will be determined in collaboration with each site and District facility leadership. This will depend upon site priorities, academic schedules, temporary housing, agency approvals, bidding procedures and other program exigencies.