Offering a well-rounded education through a rich and comprehensive extracurricular program, Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD) is home to five California Distinguished Schools, a National Blue Ribbon school, a highly acclaimed International Baccalaureate program, and a model continuation high school with a 20:1 student to teacher ratio.
The district has served students in the communities of San Jose, Campbell, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Santa Clara, and Monte Sereno for more than 100 years.
CUHSD's focus is to prepare students for a future of their choosing by making education personally relevant to each of them.
This requires a stable of caring and committed teachers and staff, many of whom have worked for the district for a number of years.
In fact, this year's slate of retirees represents a total of 307 years of collective service to the district.
Among this year's most notable employees are:
- Prospect Special Education Teacher Terri Ota with 39 years of service
- Cafeteria Manager Linda Rondone with 30 years of service
- Maintenance Operations & Transportation worker Joao Silveira with 24 years of service
- Branham High cafeteria worker Carol Fisher & Leigh High Special Education Teacher Richard Bove both with 21 years of service
- Transportation Supervisor Paul Nagle & Boynton High Social Science Teacher Gary Skalko both with 19 years of service
Congratulations to them and their colleagues on a well-deserved and well-earned retirement!