Moving performances from six high school marching bands brought Campbell Union High School District and the surrounding community together for a worthy cause. On November 27, Giving Tuesday, bands from across Santa Clara County including Del Mar, Los Gatos, Westmont, Branham, Santa Teresa and Leigh High Schools participated in a Wildfire Benefit Concert at Leigh High School to raise money for Paradise wildfire victims. The fundraising event raised $15,000.
The rain didn’t stop the bands from performing in front of a packed stadium full of dedicated parents and spectators. The concert also allowed the marching bands to perform their final show after smoke from the Butte County fires forced cancellations of their performances prior to Thanksgiving Break.
The “Camp Fire” in Butte County was the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in state history, leaving thousands homeless during the holiday season.
If you’re interested in donating, here are some of the organizations currently accepting monetary donations:
- North Valley Community Foundation: 530-366-0397
- Butte County Office of Education: 530-532-5650
- Caring Choices: 530-899-3873
- American Red Cross: 1-800-435-7669 or text REDCROSS to 90999
- The Salvation Army: 530- 776-1009
- United Way of Northern California: To donate, text BUTTEFIRE to 91999
- Go Fund Me: Click here to donate
- North Valley Animal Disaster Group: donate here