Application Period for 2023-24 School Year is
DECEMBER 1 - JANUARY 31
for Outgoing Interdistrict Transfers (Leaving CUHSD)
Note to Outgoing Request submitter: notifications will be sent to the email address provided in the original Informed K-12 submission. You MUST click on the link provided for the CUHSD release decision. You will need to follow up with the requested school district for final placement decision.
FEBRUARY 1 - FEBRUARY 24
for Incoming Interdistrict Transfers (Entering CUHSD)
NOTE: it is the responsibility of the Parent or Legal Guardian to ensure the request is processed through the home school district, release fully executed and submitted to the email address below for the final CUHSD consideration process.
Placement notifications will be sent via US Mail to the address listed on the request no later than the end of March 2023.
Refer to the FAQ's below.
- Interdistrict transfers are good for the requested year only and must be renewed every year at the initiative of the parent or legal guardian.
- CUHSD may agree to release your student, however, submission does not guarantee approved acceptance. Proofs of residency will be required by the approving district.
- Once this form is completed and, if approved, it is forwarded to the new school district for their consideration.
- Requests for students with an I.E.P. must include a full and complete copy of the most current I.E.P. along with the application.
- Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- Early submissions will be returned to the submitter.
- Students currently attending a feeder middle school on a non-resident Charter or Interdistrict Transfer status are not automatically enrolled in CUHSD schools.
- Due to space and enrollment considerations, CUHSD limits the number of incoming interdistrict transfers.
- While your school district may release your student, submission to CUHSD does not guarantee approved acceptance. You are highly encouraged to enroll in your home school of residence to ensure placement.
- Notifications will go out via email (if provided) or via US mail in late March or early April.
- Enrollment & residency verification will be performed at the school site as part of the enrollment process. Instructions are on the formal acceptance notification.
- Any approved transfer may be canceled at any time subject to falsification of information stated on the request application, unsatisfactory grades, attendance or behavior. A review of these conditions will be performed throughout the school year during each 6 week grading period. Students not meeting these agreed conditions may have their transfer immediately revoked.
- Transportation to your school of transfer must be provided by the parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- Good attendance, behavior and proper level of effort to studies will be expected of your student.
- The transfer is good for the current year and the permit to attend will expire at the end of the same school year.
- Interdistrict Transfers must be renewed every year at the initiative of the parent or legal guardian.
- Renewal is subject to approval.
- The transfer may affect athletic eligibility.
We currently live in the CUHSD boundary lines and are thinking of moving; can my student remain at their current school?
I live outside of CUHSD boundary lines and my student has been attending school on an Interdistrict or Charter transfer permit; what do I need to do?
I put in a request for a Transfer and I’m getting emails from my home school of residence; does that mean my request was denied? What do I do?
What are my chances of my transfer request getting approved? What is the likelihood that my transfer request will get approved?
I submitted a transfer request, when will I find out if it has been approved?
My inter-district transfer was approved - what’s next?
My transfer request was denied; what is my recourse?
San Jose, CA 95124