The outbreak of COVID-19 has caused a lot of uncertainty over how to handle school closures, canceled events, and several other concerns. We've compiled a list of resources and ways to help students and families de-stress during this time.
|Helping Students Destress During School Closures
|Housing Supports/Renter's Assistance
*** If someone is in immediate danger, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.***
- The Society for Preventing Teen Suicide: www.sptsusa.org/teens
- The Crisis Text Line: www.crisistextline.org
- Available 24hour/7days.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
- English: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Spanish: 1-888-628-9454
- Tele-interpreters service available for over 150 languages
- Santa Clara County Suicide & Crisis Hotline:
- Toll-free: 1-855-278-4204
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Languages spoken - English and Spanish
- Bill Wilson Center:
- Crisis Hotline - 24 hours a day / 7 days a week: 408-850-6125
- www.billwilsoncenter.org/teens/resources/hotlines.html - a referral/information network for youth in Santa Clara County that will connect young people, ages 8-18, to an appropriate agency when they do not know where to go or who to speak to. (This Center is part of the Santa Clara County Public Health Department's Violence Prevention Network. For information, call 1-888-247-7717).