The Dangers of Fentanyl
National Fentanyl Awareness Day - TBD for 2023-24 Year
Community Presentation & Narcan Distribution
On August 23, 2023, co-sponsored by Santa Clara County Behavioral Health: Participants will be trained to recognize the signs and symptoms of an opioid overdose, identify common risk factors for opioid overdose and understand the role of Naloxone in overdose response. Click on the flyers above for the QR code to register. Each participant will leave with a Naloxone kit.
What is Fentanyl?
Facts about Fentanyl
- POTENT: Up 50x stronger than heroin and 100x stronger than morphine.
- LETHAL: A few grains of sand worth can be lethal. (as pictured above)
- SYNTHETIC: Not plant-based. Made in a lab.
- OPIOID: Pain reliever like oxycodone, morphine and heroin.
- EASILY HIDDEN: Fentanyl can be in any drug including fake pills of oxycodone and Xanax.
Fentanyl in Santa Clara County
Fentanyl Takes Friends - County of Santa Clara Behavioral Health Services
Santa Clara County Opioid Overdose Prevention Project
Santa Clara Co. sees spike in fentanyl overdose deaths during pandemic
The Opioid Epidemic in Santa Clara County
Dealer Charged After 12-Year-Old San Jose Girl Fatally Overdoses on Fentanyl
Los Altos High School Student Dies of Possible Fentanyl Poisoning
Death of rookie San Jose police officer due to 'fentanyl toxicity' coroner says
Resources to Learn More and For Support
National Institute on Drug Abuse - For Teens