Application Period for the 2023-24 School Year
The 2023-24 transfer application period within CUHSD is now closed.
Transfers may still be submitted for review.
The 2024-2025 transfer application period within CUHSD is
DECEMBER 1, 2023 - JANUARY 31, 2024
Requests are received during the months of December and January and notifications will go out no later than the last day of March. Early submissions will be returned to the submitter.
The submitter will receive an email notification from the original IK12 request submitted and must click on the link enclosed to see the decision: Approved or Denied
If your request was denied, the sole reason is site capacity.
Read the FAQ's below
Important Information for Submission
- When completing the application form, NEW students to CUHSD do not have a student # assigned yet. On page 3 of the form (Residency Declaration) fill in the box with NA or X's.
- Proofs of Home Address are required with submission. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- Submission does not guarantee approved acceptance.
- Late submissions will be reviewed with response letters to follow within 14 days of receipt.
- Notifications will go out via email or via US mail in late March. Please do not call the district office to check the status of your request until after April 1st.
- Per Board Policy, if space becomes available during the annual attendance audit at the onset of each school year, CUHSD will hold a lottery and begin contacting families. Previously denied requests will be held until the lottery or end of September, whichever comes first.
- All unapproved requests expire at the end of each September. You will need to reapply during the new transfer request window period if you wish to try again for the next school year.
- Any approved transfer may be canceled at any time subject to falsification of information stated on the request application, unsatisfactory grades, attendance or behavior. A review of these conditions will be performed throughout the school year. Students not meeting these agreed conditions may have their transfer immediately revoked.
- NOTE: Email notifications are sent via the original Informed-K12 submission form TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS LISTED ON THE FORM. You will be provided a "read only" copy. Follow instructions below:
- If an Intradistrict transfer is granted, it is valid so long as the student adheres to the agreement of satisfactory attendance, academics, behavior AND so long as the student resides at the address listed on the application. If there is a change of address after the time of submission, the transfer request is invalid and a new application must be submitted, with all required proofs of home address documents, for consideration.
- Transportation to your school of transfer must be provided by the parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- Withdrawal from enrollment nullifies the transfer. Upon return to CUHSD, a new transfer request must be submitted during the open window.
- Reversals: Based on all requests received, resources are planned for all sites for the coming year. Should you decide to go back to your original resident school after approval has been granted, you will need to submit a new transfer request and the decision will be based solely on capacity.
We currently live in the CUHSD boundary lines and are thinking of moving; can my student remain at their current school?
Can I submit more than one transfer request at a time?
What does Free Zone mean?
I put in a request for a Transfer and I’m getting emails from my home school; does that mean my request was denied? What do I do?
What are the chances of my transfer request getting approved?
I submitted a transfer request, when will I find out if it has been approved?
- NOTE: if your transfer has been Approved, the change in schools will occur towards the ends of the current school year by the school site Registrars.
- NOTE: If your transfer has been Denied, please refer to the FAQ below. Do not call the District Office, please follow the instructions in the FAQ.