Riley Anderson (Prospect High School) and Geetanjali Jain (Branham High School) are our 2020-2021 Student Board Members and they represent over 8,000 CUHSD students from Boynton, Branham, Del Mar, Leigh, Prospect and Westmont.
To represent and elevate the student voice by being the bridge between the school
board and students.
All students are safe, supported, and valued.
All Students develop knowledge, skills, and confidence.
All Students are engaged, challenged, and prepared.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Represent student interests at the district level
- Bridge between Board and all students in the district
- Co-chair of the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council (SSAC)
- Stay informed of student interests across the district through regular communication
with Site Representatives.
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings (Thursdays at 6pm).
- Provide reports to the Board at each board meeting (activities, culture, challenges, etc.).
- Visit each school site once per semester and lead student focus groups.
- Report information from focus groups to school administration and the school board.
|Superintendent Student Advisory Council (SSAC)
Superintendent Student Advisory Council is responsible for representing each of their schools and is responsible for reporting any concerns that they feel are important at the district level.
To provide equal representation of student voice across the district.
Our 2020-2021 Superintendent Student Advisory Council Members
- Riley Anderson (Grade 12)
- Geetanjali Jain (Grade 12)
Branham High School:
- Ziv Galpaz (Grade 10)
- Michelle Ho (Grade 10)
- Chantel White (Grade 11)
Del Mar High School:
- Madison Breiten (Grade 12)
- Kate Reinhard (Grade 12)
Leigh High School:
- Landon Battin (Grade 11)
- Sophia Blair (Grade 12)
- Liza George (Grade 12)
Prospect High School:
- Deshna Govil (Grade 10)
- HyoJeong Lee (Grade 10)
- Bri Victoria (Grade 12)
Westmont High School:
- Emily Choi (Grade 12)
- Neyoosha Khodabandelou (Grade 11)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Represent student interests of your school
- Bridge between district and students at your school
- Collaborate with other Site Reps at your school
- Events Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
- California Student Board Member Association Liaison
- Stay informed of student interests across your school and communicate those to the
Superintendent and Student Board Members.
- Attend monthly Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council meetings (weekday
- Provide school reports to the Student Board Members prior to each board meeting
(activities, culture, challenges)
- Participate in two school site visits at your own site
Follow our SSAC Instagram Account for Updates @cuhsd_ssac