CUHSD Virtual Learning Academy
|CUHSD Virtual Learning Academy|
Guided by the CUHSD Board of Trustees’ Strategic Plan, CUHSD is working to provide every student with the tools they need to construct bright futures. Based on the feedback from the community in the recent ThoughtExchange on the design of the virtual learning academy, CUHSD is working to create a fully online school to best fit the needs of students who need an alternative, personalized and flexible learning program to be successful in high school. This innovative model would provide students who have been successful in distance learning with a more robust, high-quality, permanent alternative for the 2021-2022 school year. Students who opt into the program are being asked to commit for at least one year to ensure consistency.
Components of the virtual learning academy could include:
- Personalized learning experience in an alternative learning environment
- Individualized academic support coupled with high-quality, live instruction
- Flexible deadlines and schedule for students with competing priorities
- 24/7 access to high-quality course materials
- Access to engaging, project-based learning opportunities designed to meet the needs of diverse learners, including interactive lessons
- Access to various online tools to collaborate with peers and interact with instructors
Please note, CUHSD is committed to providing a fully in-person, five days a week, non-hybrid learning program as the default educational program for students next year. The virtual learning academy is a separate alternative for families to determine if it fits the needs of their individual student.
|Archived Information Session|
|Virtual Learning Academy Advisory Committee|
To ensure stakeholder input is incorporated into the design of the CUHSD Virtual Learning Academy, we created a Virtual Academy Advisory Committee. The advisory committee is led by District Office staff and consists of teachers selected by the Campbell High School Teachers Association (CHSTA), administrators, classified staff, students and parents.
The first meeting of the committee was held on Wednesday, April 21, 2021. As part of the agenda of the first meeting, committee members discussed the themes from a recent ThoughtExchange on the design of the program and shared ideas for the vision of the academy. As the vision and details of the academy become finalized, it will be communicated to the CUHSD community.